Counselor Supervision is a service provided to counseling program graduates who are pursuing licensure as associate professional counselors or licensed professional counselors in the state of Georgia. Supervision is an interactive process intended to monitor the quality of client care, improve clinical skills, and facilitate professional growth.
Please complete the contact form to discuss eligibility and schedule an introductory supervision meeting. Please note that I schedule all of my meetings on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I offer a combination of individual and group supervision. Distance supervision is also utilized as needed. Clinical Supervision services are provided by Ruby Blow, MA, LPC, NCC, CPCS, ACS. Learn more about my background.
What are the Requirements to Participate in Supervision Services?
- Successful completion of a master’s, specialist, or doctoral degree program that qualifies you to pursue licensure as an Associate Professional Counselor and Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Georgia.
- To learn more about these qualifications please visit the State of Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapists at http://sos.ga.gov/index.php/licensing/plb/43
- Employment in a position that qualifies as counseling services as defined by the Georgia Composite Board of LPC’s, LCSW’s and LMFT’s
- Willingness to carry your own liability insurance- www.hpso.com and www.cphins.com.
- Contact me to schedule a supervision introductory meeting.
What are the Benefits of Supervision?
- You will receive quality supervision services that will permit you to develop a positive and resourceful identity as a Professional Counselor.
- You will be moving toward the completion of licensure requirements and join a community of highly skilled, caring, and committed professionals.
- You will gain support in the areas of client welfare, ethics, diversity, and professional development.