Come see me at a community event!
Occasionally, you will find me (Ruby) in the community presenting at a hospital; speaking to a group of graduate students; presenting at a conference; or presenting to student support staff in K-12 schools. If any of these events are right for you please view the participation information below to learn about fees and registration.
The Ethical Use of 1013’s in the State of Georgia- 5 Hour Event at Ridgeview Institute- Smyrna
The purpose of this presentation is to inform and address mental health therapists in the state of Georgia about the proper use and intent of the 1013 form (a legal process); which is used to authorize the involuntary transportation of individuals with mental health emergencies (those who have intent to harm themselves or others) to emergency receiving facilities. It will also address the ethical dilemmas inherent in the process of assessing individuals including requests from family and other collateral’s as well as the challenges involving access to resources for the person who will be re-assessed at the receiving facility.
The Objectives include:
- A review of the relevant documents and forms and their language (1013’s, 1014’s etc…).
- As well as a review of the legal rights people have as it relates to voluntary and involuntary placement in hospitals for mental health crisis stabilization.
- A focus on effective and ethical assessment of risk factors (low, medium & high risk).
- A discussion of the ethical pitfalls and challenges involved in the entire process from the client/patient and their family to the assessor/clinician and to the emergency receiving facility.
- A discussion of the collaborative approach to suicide intervention.
Location: Anchor Hospital, 3995 South Cobb Drive, Smyrna, Georgia 30080
Date: June 8, 2018
Time: 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM
CE Information: 5 Ethics CE’s, workshop approved by LPCA-GA