Twenty years ago, the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) created the first official guidelines on distance counseling. Over thirteen years ago they created the Distance Credentialed Counselor (DCC) credential to provide a way to identify clinicians who are qualified telemental health providers. Soon they will be offering the BC-TMH certification.
How to become a BC-TMH:
Development Counts is hosting a live CE event in Atlanta for Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists, MFT’s who want to learn more about telemental health competencies and/or obtain the Board Certified Telemental Health Provider (BC-TMH). The great news is that Ray will also be in Savannah at the end of July 2017 and then he will hold a live webinar option in September 2017.
Many other health related professionals are also eligible for this certification event to see a full listing visit https://telementalhealthtraining.com/bc-tmh.
- Atlanta August 3rd & 4th, 2017 (Thursday & Friday).
- He will also be in Savannah, GA July 31st & August 1st 2017.
- Can’t make either date check out the live webinar on 9/7/17, 9/8/17, 9/14/17 & 9/15/17 (8:30 am to 11:00 am each day).
- Live in-person events (Atlanta & Savannah) 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, doors open at 7:30 am.
- Live webinar 8:30 am to 11:00 am all 4 days.
- Atlanta – Argosy University, 980 Hammond Drive, Fourth Floor, Room 400-401, Atlanta, GA 30328.
- The Savannah, Ga event on 7/31/17 & 8/1/17 will be held at The Armstrong Center Armstrong State University, Ballroom, 13040 Abercorn Street, Savannah, Georgia 31419-1997
Cost for the 2-day event Thursday & Friday August 3rd & 4th or Monday & Tuesday July 31st & August 1st is $397, for two 6 hour CE days (course content 1-9)
- Exclusive 15% off discount code from Development Counts for any of these events (cost is $337.50 instead of $397) when you use the code: ItCounts (also good for the one day event)
- Payment plans are available by phone 678-723-8077 – Ask for Ray.
Presenter Ray Barrett of the Telehealth Certification Institute
Ray has extensively provided telemental health counseling services in private practice, for facilities, and for an EAP program.
Both as a practitioner and trainer, his aim is to fill every knowledge gap as it arises in the telemental health profession, and that his training allows for immediate implementation.
Trainees find Ray to be very approachable, available and knowledgeable.
Ray appreciates hearing from each training participant individually in order to fulfill their specific learning needs and to incorporate their questions and successes into the training program.
- Introduction to Telemental Health: An overview of the industry, market forces, practice requirements, funding, and growth of telemental health
- Best Practices in Video Telemental Health: Ethical and legal considerations from state licensure laws and mental health disciplines
- Information Privacy Security and HIPAA-HITECH: HIPAA training related to telemental health
- Settings and Care Coordination: Understanding of clinic and direct-to-consumer differences, factors, and terms
- Crisis Management: Protocols for managing psychosis and duties to warn and protect
- Direct-to-Consumer Care (DTC): Requirements for legal and ethical DTC services
- Choosing and Using Technology: Identifying appropriate technology and use considerations
- Orienting Clients/Patients: Demonstration of client informed consent and education
- Presentation Skills: Instruction in skills for presenting via video
CE hours: This course entails 12 CE hours, approved by APA and NBCC.
Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No, 6693. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. This course qualifies for 12 contact hours.
Marriage and Family Therapists:
This activity consists of 720 minutes of continuing education instruction. Credit requirements and approvals vary per state board regulations. Please save the course outline, the certificate of completion and contact your state board to determine specific filing requirements.
Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC, #1609, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 05/02/2017 – 05/02/2018. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 7 social work ethics and 5 clinical continuing education clock hours.
This activity qualifies for 720 minutes of instructional content as required by many national, state and local licensing boards and professional organizations. Retain your certificate of completion and contact your board or organization for specific filing requirements.
CCE Approved Training Provider.
Development Counts, 1924 Clairmont Rd, Suite 105, Decatur, GA 30033 (office location for Development Counts- not the mailing address) e-mail email@example.com for mailing address. (404) 248-1557. Registration for this workshop is through the Telehealth Certification Institute.