When you are under pressure, do you respond in a way that represents who you think you are?
Pressure “full” Situations such as:
- Doing a live recording for a t.v. program;
- Making a decision to dramatically shift your schedule based on a new opportunity;
- Being confronted by an unhappy client or customer;
- Facing a financial shortfall in your business cash flow;
- Getting negative critical feedback from a partner, boss or supervisor.
Some of these circumstances are welcome pressure, others are undesirable business realities. The truth is fear and anxiety are part of our path to personal and professional development.
We don’t grow and stretch because we are comfortable. We do so based on discomfort and an inability to remain as we were. For this reason we must aim to respond rather than react.
Copyright © 2015 Ruby Blow. All rights reserved.